Skip to content
- 1 Set of 100 Micron Dart Flights (3 Total)
- The character was created for a department store. In 1939, Montgomery Ward commissioned one of its catalog copywriters, John May, to dream up a character for the coloring books the department store handed out to children visiting Santa. The company gave out nearly 2.5 million books that year alone.
- May's brother-in-law, Johnny Marks, wrote the famous tune a decade after the story for Montgomery Ward. Marks might as well have had a PhD in writing Christmas songs. He can claim credit for writing "Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree," along with other songs featured in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer like "Silver and Gold," "There's Always Tomorrow" and "A Holly Jolly Christmas."
- It's the king of Christmas specials. Having been broadcast every year since 1964, Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer stands as the longest-running Christmas special on television.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.